How to Apply
The application process for the 2019 intake is now open.
The UWC National Committee of Madagascar is pleased to announce that it has received the following scholarships for entry 2019:
- One (1) Up to Fully Funded (Needs-Based) scholarship from Pearson College UWC, Canada. This covers tuition, room & board, books, IB exam registration fees, curricular field trips Travel allowance and pocket money may be negotiable
- One (1) Full Scholarship to UWC Dilijan, Armenia. The scholarship covers tuition, room and board, books, IB exam registration fees, curricular field trips, and project weeks. (Please see below for more details)
About the UWC Dilijan scholarship
This new scholarship is in partnership with the Aurora Gratitude Foundation and the Charles Aznavour Foundation and is in memory of Charles Aznavour. Therefore, the scholarship is to be awarded to a student who meets the selection criteria but crucially, is also a student who is able to demonstrate outstanding artistic ability/skill.
A variety of arts will be considered, including but not limited to music, writing, acting and performing arts, painting, sculpting and other forms of art that the successful student might be proficient in.
For both scholarships, the selected students must fulfill the following criteria:
- Be aged at least 16 years old at the point of entry to the Colleges (August 1, 2019)
- Be citizens of and residents in Madagascar
- Have an outstanding academic track record (overall grade point average of 14 out of 20 or above)
- Show proficiency in English (the language of instruction at UWC is English)
- Demonstrate a commitment to UWC goals and principles
- Be resilient and able to manage academics and life away from home
- Pass the National Committee’s selection process, which includes an application form, an in-person test, and individual interviews for shortlisted candidates.
Special note about UWC Dilijan
In addition to the above criteria, the following criteria will also be considered for the UWC Dilijan scholarship.
- The student must be French-speaking
- The student must be 16 or 17 years old on August 1, 2019
- The student must be able to demonstrate substantial financial need
- The student must be able to demonstrate outstanding artistic ability/skill
- The student would ideally be ethnically Armenian (this is flexible)
N.B.: The nominated student will be considered along with other suitably qualified nominees from other National Committees.
The nominated student will also go through a final assessment with representatives from UWC Dilijan, UWC International, the Aurora Gratitude Foundation and their partner organization, the Charles Aznavour Foundation.
It will be an interview/s on Skype in French.
Application process and timeline
The UWC National Committee of Madagascar will nominate finalists to Pearson College and UWC Dilijan.
- Deadline to submit applications: March 17, 2019
- In-person test day for shortlisted candidates: March 23, 2019
- Final interviews: between March 25, 2019 and April 5, 2019
How to submit your application
There are three ways to submit your application for the 2019 UWC scholarship. Please select only ONE method:
- Method 1: you can submit your application online here.
- Method 2: you can download the paper application available below (2019 UWC Application.pdf). This paper application is a fillable PDF form - this means that you can fill it out directly using free software such as Adobe Reader (or any other PDF reader). Once filled out, you can then submit your application and all required documents by email to email@example.com with the subject [2019 UWC Application] - Your Name
- Method 3: you can download the paper application available below (2019 UWC Application.pdf) and fill it out by hand. Once completed, you can scan it and send it by email with all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [2019 UWC Application] - Your Name (e.g. [2019 UWC Application] - Shelby Davis)
Note: if you decide to submit your application online, we recommend preparing your essays and other information with the paper application.